In december worden twee permacultuurworkshops gegeven bij The Hub en bij 2012architecten.
Thu Dec 15, 19h30-21h30
Hub Rotterdam, Heemraadssingel 219, 3023 CD Rotterdam
Admission: 15 eur /10 eur for Hub members / 10 eur for ER members
Economic stability relies on creative minds that are constantly innovating new ways of doing things. A stable system means an evolving system. How do we retrofit our businesses to become more socially, ecologically and financially sustainable? What should we consider when planning our new business? How can we protect our business from greater economic instability?Permaculture design introduces you to a world where the problem is the solution, where limited resources can mean unlimited opportunity to increase your yield. This lecture articulates inefficiencies in the everyday “wind and grind” and offers solutions on how you can improve them. Expect to come away with practical ideas for how to improve the overall efficiency of your business through Permaculture design without dipping deep into your pocket book. The structure of this course integrates lecture, exercise and discussion.
* Whole-systems planning
* Permaculture theory
* Energy cycling and resource conservation
* “For-profit” sustainability
* The Web (finding ways to interconnect the inputs and the outputs)
* Retrofitting small businesses into the permaculture model
* The industrial cup of tea vs. the permaculture cup of tea
* How can we integrate a permaculture business into the current system?
It offers a good opportunity for like-minded people to get together and learn something from each other. Please let us know if you plan to join the workshop by sending an email to: email@example.com, subject “Lecture Hub Rotterdam”. For ER members please send an email to secretaris[x]eetbaarrotterdam.nl aswell, to get your reduction.
Sat Dec 17, 13h-18h
Studio 2012architecten, Emantspad 5, 3061 CE Rotterdam
Participation fee: 30 eur / 20 eur for ER members
Many people dream about living a truly sustainable life, but few know where to start. Those that do, quickly discover that it is rewarding nutritionally, socially and spiritually. With the proper observation and planning, one can build themselves an energy-efficient home and produce their own food.
Permaculture design introduces you to a world where the problem is the solution, where limited space means unlimited opportunity to stack functions, where your home does not only provide a roof above, but food, energy and peace for you all around.
This course will cover all the basics of Permaculture Design and how it can be applied to both gardening and architecture. We will focus mostly on home food production and building with earth. The structure of this course integrates brief lectures, design exercises and discussions. The student groups will complete schematic designs for 3 different scales: urban, suburban and rural.
• Whole-systems thinking / reading nature’s patterns
• Natural Structures
• Food Production (Building soil, planning, planting)
• Building with Earth
• Functional analysis of system elements
• Creating a plan (schedule, schematic design) for a permaculture site.
• Hands-on (!) plant propagation activity
• The state of the world from a designer’s perspective
• What resources do we work with?
• Strategies for community-based food sovereignty
• There will also be plenty opportunities for questions, comments and discussion.It offers a good opportunity for like-minded people to get together and learn something from each other. Please remember to bring an empty flower pot (or a few, if you’d like!)
Please let us know if you plan to join the workshop by sending an email to: markus.laubscher[x]gmx.net, subject “Workshop Rotterdam”, for ER members please send an email to secretaris[x]eetbaarrotterdam.nl aswell, to get your reduction.